Types of personal information we collect and hold
“Personal information” is information or an opinion about you or which is reasonably identifiable as you, whether or not the information or opinion is true and whether or not the information is recorded in a material form.
The types of personal information that we collect includes:
- name, name of organisation, email address, telephone number, other contact details
- credit card details
How we collect and hold personal information
In general, we do not collect your personal information, unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly during your dealings with us, including:
- electronically, when you email your details to us or submit an enquiry to us via the Website
- personal contact with us at a face-to-face meeting or at an event
- mail, email or telephone when you contact us, or make an enquiry about our products or services.
We may collect some of your personal information from data lists which we have purchased from data providers such as BCI Australia Pty Ltd.
We are committed to protecting the personal information we collect and hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information. However, no security system is impenetrable and no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated wth personal information or electronic databases.
Purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information only for the purpose (primary purpose) for which you provided it to us, which may include (as applicable):
- to provide any goods, services or quotations
- to enable us to contact and communicate with you regarding your accounts with us
- to enable us to fulfil your requests for our products or services and process your orders
- to respond to and resolve any query or complaint
- for internal administration, product research, evaluation and development, and quality control purposes
- to offer you additional information, opportunities, discounts and promotions from us from time to time, and
- for any other purposes required or authorised by law or a court/tribunal order.
We will not use or disclose your personal information for any secondary purpose, unless you consent to that use or disclosure; or you would reasonably expect the use or disclosure in the circumstances, and that secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose for which we have collected that information.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third party service providers within Australia who work on behalf of or with us to provide some of our installation services and other services, such as processing payments (such as credit card payments), and
- enforcement or regulatory authorities, within and outside of Australia, if required by law.
Access to and correction of personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure any personal information we collect is up-to-date, complete and accurate. We will also take reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information that we use or disclose is up-to-date, complete, accurate and relevant.
You may request access to or correction of your personal information if you believe for any reason that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete. You may also request your personal information be deleted if you no longer wish us to keep your personal information. You can request access to or correction of your personal information by sending an email toour Privacy Officer at (02) 9452 6062.
Complaints about a breach
If you believe that we have breached your privacy, you should direct your concerns to our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (02) 9452 6062. We will review your complaint, undertake an internal investigation and take steps to resolve your complaint. Upon receiving your initial enquiry, we will contact you regarding your complaint and the resolution process.
If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner through the website www.oaic.gov.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
Policy last updated April 2015